Friday, November 18, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Fellow blogger and friend Dawn, from the amazing blog Whispers and Shouts,  and from down the street, recently nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award.  It is an award passed from blogger to blogger to give each other a virtual high-five, to say "well done, I enjoy reading your blog", to get to know each other better, and to share favorite blogs with others.



I am flattered that Dawn reads my blog.  She isn't even related to me.  Heck, I'm flattered anyone reads my blog.  But seriously, she is the one who inspired me to blog in the first place.  Before her, "blog" was one of those terms I was faintly aware of, like "4G" or "the Cloud."

There are requirements to accepting this award.  You must share 7 random facts about yourself, so others can get to know you, and then you share 5 blogs that you read.

Factoids

Fact #1:  I loathe cooking (especially meat-yuck!)  Funny then that I have ended up writing a food blog.  I do love baking though, and activities that I consider "in between" like making pancakes, waffles, and crepes.

Fact #2:  I am a Gym Rat.  I love working out.

Fact #3:  I never, ever imagined being a stay-at-home mom until I became pregnant with my son, and fell wildly in love, and have never looked back.

Fact #4:  I am a Momma's Girl, and it probably comes as a surprise to no one that I have produced a serious Momma Boy.  I am secretly (ok, who am I kidding?) pretty smug about it. (I love it!)

Fact #5:  I am an equestrian and love riding and jumping horses.

Fact #6: I gave birth naturally intentionally.  That's right, no drugs!

Fact #7: I violently hate peanuts.  My son is severely allergic to them.  I wish they didn't exist.



Five Blogs I Read:


Whispers and Shouts  This is Dawn's awesome blog.  She makes you laugh, she makes you cry.  It is her adventure of mothering twin boys who happen to be my boy's best buds.

Cookies and Cups  I love this blog for baking inspiration, the sometimes wild combinations,and overall fun factor.

Zakka Life   An Asian (Japanese)-American fusion blog.  It's crafts, it's cooking, it is great!

Lila Loa A fabulous cookie blog.  I don't do traditional Royal Icing cookies because they are done with raw egg whites, and precious Baby Boy is allergic to them, but again, it is inspiring.

Sweet Sugar Belle  She is truly the Cookie Queen in my book.  I love her vibrant colors and playfulness most of all.  Again, I don't do her thing, but I love seeing what she creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment