Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Curried Pea and Lentil Soup



Yesterday Nicholas and I had friends over to our house to kick off our holiday series of playdates.  Presents and treats were exchanged amongst the mommies and little friends, and fun was had by all.

One of Nick's friends gave me a pretty glass jar adorned by cinnamon ornaments (that are presently making my living room smell warm and yummy) and more importantly, inside the jar were peas, lentils and some spices.  My initial thought was "oh, split pea soup" which my hubby likes, but I don't.  "Oh well, I'll make it for him."  But no, I'm told it's curry.  Mmm, curry.  I am excited about this soup, and excited about the fact that all I have to do is add chicken broth and let it simmer for 1/2 an hour.  Score!

I made it for dinner last night.  Yes, she just gave it to me yesterday and I was so inspired an appreciative that I am blogging about it today. 


Yes, Nick sweetie, they do look like cookies, alas they are not edible (as the little guy tries to take a bite).


I am a fan of ease

Smells REAL good

My husband announces when he walks in "I could smell it from outside-mmm..."



Served with Naan-
 Boo-yah!
I always try to include exclamations from my husband, as he is notoriously hard to impress, and doesn't mince words.  Here is what he said:  "This is insanely good" chewing, eating, followed by "This is frickin' good."  Case closed.

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment