These cookies are my Paddington Bear Cookies, they were made with lovely golden shred marmalade that Paddington would just devour. They are chewy, gooey, moist and delicious. And on top of that, they were easy! and quick!! to make. Try 'em out:
(All conversions are listed-hurray!)
Yields: around 20 cookies
200g/8oz/1 cup butter
175g/6oz/ 3/4 cup light brown sugar
3 tsp of marmalade (thin cut is the best in this recipe)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp mixed spice (allspice or pumpkin pie spice is just fine too- I used pumpkin pie spice)
175g/6oz/3/4 cup porridge oats (steel cut/rolled oats)
200g/8oz/ 1 cup self raising flour (substitute: 1 cup regular flour, 1 1/3 tsp baking powder (on top of what is already listed in the recipe, and 1/3 tsp salt)
2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to: 160 degrees C or 325 degrees F
- Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy
- In a small bowl, add the marmalade and 2 tbsp of boiling water and mix together.
- Stir marmalade mixture into the butter and sugar mixture
- Now add the spices, oats, flour and baking powder and stir until blended well.
- You'll need two baking sheets. (Line with parchment paper for easier cleaning.) With a little flour on your hands (dough is sticky) break off pieces of dough and place on baking sheets with about an inch or two in between them to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Place on cooling rack to cool for 10-15 minutes
- Eat and enjoy!